Charles H. MacDonald Electric, Inc. is an electrical contracting company that addresses the complex needs of both renovation and new construction projects. Our dedicated team of electrical estimators and project managers has a combined professional experience of over 100 years.
Our estimators provide accurate estimates to exact requirements for full project scope. Project managers provide seamless direction and experience with complex building facilities, scheduling deadlines, and on-budget deliverables. Our company also has a diverse fleet of vehicles and equipment available to handle all electrical service needs including: service, utility, high-reach, and emergency back-up generators and UPS distribution. At each stage of every project, we are dedicated to accuracy and efficiency.
With our level of dedication and service, it’s not surprising that our clients include the area’s most prestigious educational and health care institutions, Fortune 500 corporations, hotels, and many well-known local commercial and industrial companies.
LICENSED IN PA, DE, NJ
For close to 40 years, Charles H. MacDonald Electric, Inc. has earned a reputation as a leader in the Philadelphia Tri-State area for service-oriented electrical contracting by adhering to one simple commitment to our customers: “We do what we say.”
Starting in 1982 with Charlie, his work truck, and a handful of employees, Charles H. MacDonald Electric, Inc has grown into a thriving family business comprised of approximately 75 estimators, project managers, and field employees. While the industry evolves and competitors come and go, Charles H. MacDonald Electric, Inc continues to grow and embrace the fast changing electrical industry.
At Charles H. MacDonald Electric, Inc we feel “Safety is no accident.” Our safety EMR is a highly respectable 0.76, which is 32% better than the national EMR contractor average of 1.00.We accomplish this through:
- Weekly Safety Meetings
- Tool Box Talks
- Weekly Workplace Safety Committee
- Joint Apprenticeship Training
- Certified OSHA 500 Training
- Certified 30Hour OSHA Training
- Certified 10 Hour OSHA Training
- NFPA70E Training
- Newly updated safety training program (implemented 2004)
- Member of the IBEW-NECA-OSHA Partnership
- PA Workplace Safety Committee Certified
- Written Corporate Safety Policy
- Hazard Communication Program
- Anti-Drug Policy
Charles H. MacDonald Electric, Inc is a standing member of the following professional organizations:
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW)
- National Electrical Contractor Association – Penn Del Jersey Chapter (NECA)
- National Fire Protection Association Associate Member (NFPA)
- The Electrical Association of Philadelphia (EAP)
- General Building Contractors Association (GBCA)
- Building Industry Association of Philadelphia (BIA)
- Building Owners & Managers Association Of Philadelphia (BOMA)